Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Favorites

Wednesday morning rain had me worried. The chorus of drops on my windowpane was not exactly the noise I wanted to wake up to. Still, I got myself out of bed (though the blankets were warm and my puppy wanted to snuggle) and made myself somewhat presentable. The sky was gray, and I had little hope.
But, October did not fail me! The gray skies cleared to a brilliant blue, and golden leaves shone in the Autumn sunlight. There was a chill in the air, but it was nt bitterly cold and the wind was calm. Crisp Autumn weather. Perfect. Days like these I crave those fall favorites: homemade apple crisp, pecan pie, pumpkin anything.
Magic Potion Juice Bar has introduced my newest fall favorite. All the best things of the season blended together - literally. Pumpkin pie smoothie. Pumpkin puree, your choice of non-dairy milk (we are a vegan juice bar), a handful of pecans, some maple syrup, and cinnamon. I love pecans and have heard that my dad makes a  MEAN pecan pie. Maple syrup sweetens the deal. Cinnamon makes everything taste amazing. Really, you can't go wrong. Please come in and give our newest smoothie a try. Who knows? It could become your new fall favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment