Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween


I miss trick-or-treating. It’s not the candy that I miss, per se, but the entire experience. Dressing up quickly after school. Waiting anxiously for everyone else. The parents were always running late. Come oooon, Mom and Dad! We need to get going! It didn’t occur to me that there was probably nobody home to hand out candy anyway. When everyone was finally dressed and ready, we went out and stayed out for hours, . Yes, hours. We walked miles to gather pounds and pounds of candy. We even stopped for a hydration break. (Thank you neighbor for handing out juice boxes. Much appreciated.) When my sister and I got home Halloween night, we would sort our candy and trade strategically. It didn’t matter in the end, though. I had a terrible sweet tooth and stole her candy after I ate through mine. I think she knew. If she didn’t, she definitely knows now! Sorry.

What is your favorite Halloween treat? I love dark chocolate. I have found that chocolate Larabars, made with chocolate, nuts and dried fruit, can really hit the spot. I also love Kind Bars. Try any flavor with chocolate or cinnamon for a seasonal treat. Find them here at Magic Potion Juice Bar!

Happy Halloween! I hope it’s a sweet one. You are never too old to celebrate.

4 comments:

  1. Such a nice blog and very nice you work and sharing this wonderful article about the Smoothies well done.
    Smoothies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really you blog have very interesting and very valuable information about the ordertakeaway great work.
    ordertakeaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. blog which is amazing really happy to be able to visit. , , I found your blog on google.

    Food & Drinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really an amazing and wonderful post you have shared with us,.

    Food & Drinks

    ReplyDelete