Friday, October 19, 2012

Marching to the beet...

I am a unique kind of individual. Likely, I am one of the select few who actually enjoy writing blog posts about fruits and vegetables. I am honestly having a blast.

And, thinking this morning, I realized that I definitely do march to the beat of my own drum.
I also realized I had neglected one of the stars of the juice bar – the BEET!
The beet actually belongs to the same species as Swiss chard. Its wild ancestor still grows in the Mediterranean, where it is believed to have originated, and the Near East.
Beets can make a juice sweet and give it a beautiful red hue. Not only do beets make our juices delicious, they make them nutritious! (You like that slant rhyme, right?) Beets are indeed rich in folate.
If you buy bunched beets from the store or market, make sure to save the greens. Prepare beet tops as you would any other green.
Come in and try it out!

1 comment:

  1. BOOST JUICE BAR (people who are employed or have been employed at boost juice bar)?
    Juice Cleanse

    ReplyDelete